Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The entire law school received this email today, from a member of the administration:

(Note: it had been raining.  Mind you, we're in Oregon.)

Hello, 
I hope that the recent rain helped shine your mind.
If you want to stretch and breath on a study break, you are 
welcome to join me at 5:30 in room ***; or let me know 
if you want to schedule another time.
Best wishes to you all on exams!
Signed,
xxx

Now I appreciate that some people need to be reminded to breathe every now and again.  I myself enjoyed a bit of a nervous breakdown this evening where, had it not been for an 8:30 exam tomorrow morning, I likely would have been driven to drink myself to sleep.
The best part about this email, however, is not the tree-hugging touchy-feelyness of it.  It was this response of a friend of mine via IM:

(redacted): I hoped the rain helped shine your mind???
(redacted): WTF???
me: no clue.
(redacted): her email privileges should be taken away
me: damn hippies.
(redacted): no shit.
(redacted): come breathe with me?
(redacted): f*** that
(redacted): bring me Starbucks
(redacted): that'll help my grades more than breathing

While I still hate Law School, every once in awhile, it pays for itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment