Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Who am I?

Lifetime student.  One-time actor.  A would be has-been writer.

Barely graduated high school, and applied to one college on the day the application was due. [In doing so, spelling the word "business" wrong on my application... to Business School.]

Somehow, started college with 8 credits from AP.

Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Political Science, and Philosophy major... only one of which I managed to graduate from.

Learned to love to question. Began to question everything.
Parents/friends became (more) annoyed.

Wrote, thought, talked, ate, and drank.
Loved life.

As a result, I enjoy nothing more than a good meal, a good drink, and a few good friends armed with even better conversation.

This may be the only constant in my life.

Graduated college in 4 years. (Almost.)

After college, bartended for a summer on a lake... and it was just as awesome as it sounds. Decided I needed a real job... for which I had no qualifications.

Went into Sales. Sold a record -zero- copiers.
Hated life.

5 weeks later, went into Finance and moved to the suburbs of Boston.
Annuities can be fun. For a while.
Hated life.

3 years later, spoke to a mentor who told me to go to law school. I reminded him of my undergrad GPA. Written recommendations ensued.

LSAT success led to options. Then, the seemingly random decision to move to Oregon in order to begin school with the U of O School of Law. 

Loving life.

Hindsight being what it is... I now realize it was all inevitable.

I'm an atheist... and yet I'm fairly certain I was meant to be here.

[My hypocrisy (apparently) knows no bounds.]

So what's next?

4 comments:

KC said...

You forgot self-aware. Remarkably self-aware.

You also forgot that you can analyze a person in a remarkably short amount of time and end up knowing things about them that it will take them years to realize for themselves.

Both of these and your own description are why I like you. :)

Old Yeller said...

"My hypocrisy knows no bounds" - Doc Holliday, Tombstone. Love that movie. And now I like you a little more.

tom said...

hmm... whats up blogtastic?

Epitaph said...

I'm your Huckleberry...

Post a Comment